Friday, October 11, 2013

The Trouble with Hats

Crochet hats have always been a sticking point for me. I never seem to be able to get them the right size, and although I am getting better than my first attempts a few years ago one of which resembled what my mother described as a cake cozy and the other would have fit a small doll much less anyone human. Needless to say hats have always made me fear making them, however I like a challenge in my crochet work, and though I will not be designing a hat of my own anytime soon I have been working on more hats and becoming more secure in making them, although half the time I feel they are not quite the right size, but at least they will fit a human being. Since I am having a third little boy I am working on several different hats (I want to have some cutsie things for him to wear even though my hopes of having a little girl to crochet for have been squashed, and now I guess I will have to wait for my brother or my children to have a little girl for me to make things for). I completed this hat in one day, that is the beauty of baby hats they work up fast.  As I said above I am not ready to design my own hats, so I got this pattern from the blog My Merry Messy Life. This link will take you to the pattern Baby Boy Crochet Hat with Cuff and Pom-Pom.





















I made this hat out of a variegated baby yarn from my stash instead of doing the color changes from the pattern, but I plan on making another that does have color changes at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment