Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My 'Stache

Just found out we are expecting another baby boy...that makes three. So I have had to give up my thoughts of making cute little dresses and such for a baby girl. Oh well, that does not mean I can not make cute things for a boy too, just a lot less frilly. This led to my creating this crochet cocoon pattern.


You need:
Worsted Weight Yarn
K hook
I hook (for hat)

Round 1: Make an adjustable ring, 9 HDC in ring
Round 2: HDC 2x in each stitch
Round 3:  HDC 1x in next stitch, 2x HDC in next stitch around
Round 4: HDC around. ( 28 st)
Round 5: HDC in next 2 stitches, 2x HDC in next stitch around (38)
Round 6: HDC in next 3 stitches, 2x HDC in next stitch around (48)
Round 7: HDC around
Round 8: HDC in next 4 stitches, HDC 2x in next stitch around (58)
Round 9: HDC in in next 5 stitches, 2x HDC in next stitch around (68)
Round 10-32: HDC around
Round 33, 34: Ch 3 DC around
Round 35: Decrease 10 DC evenly around
Round 36: DC around (73)
Round 37: Alternate FPDC, BPDC around
Round 38: SC around. Fasten off.

Now to make it cute I added a mustache applique that I found on Pinterest.

I also decided to make a baby hat with an HDC stitch and put a much smaller mustache on it to match the cocoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment