Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Seed Toasting



If you have never toasted pumpkin seeds before I definately recommend it. After carving our pumpkin we kept all the gooey insides so we could toast the seeds. I have always loved pumpkin seeds, but this is my first time actually toasting them and they turned out so yummy even my little boys have been munching on them. I can not take credit for the recipe I followed, but you can find it at Chatelaine.com. My oldest son helped me make these while the little bit took a nap yesterday.


Step 1.

Separate all the gooey orange pumpkin bits and slime from the pumpkin seeds and place them in a colander. (This sounds easy but it is certainly not, just do your best)


Step 2.  

Wash your pumpkin seeds thoroughly. ( This will help you get the rest of the goo off your seeds, but you will need to be hands on) 

Step 3. 

Lay your seeds out flat on a cookie sheet and let them dry for approximately one hour.


Step 4.

Pre Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Place your seeds in a medium bowl and mix in a couple tsp of oil. And season with salt. I used seasoning salt and they turned out wonderfully. Place your seeds back on your cookie sheet. Once the oven is heated place your seeds in the oven and stir the seeds every 5 minutes for approximately 20 minutes. Take your seeds out of the oven.


Enjoy this tasty fall treat warm or cool both ways are wonderfully delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment