Monday, October 14, 2013

Curly Top

This curly top baby hat is a new born size and as I have said in previous posts I want to make cute things for this little one even though I can not make him pretty dresses there is so much I can do. I found the idea for this on Pinterest, however the pattern I used comes from an Alli Crafts free pattern that I altered slightly.

The link to this pattern is Curly Sprig Hat-Newborn. I followed the directions for the hat all the way up to the last round where I decided to add some texture to the hat by alternating front and back post double crochets every two stitches. For the curly cues at the top I added two additional curls and to create them I chained 15 then sc 4x in each stitch across to make smaller and tighter wound curls than the original pattern.

This cute little patriotic hat is one we will be using right away after the little bit is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment