Monday, October 7, 2013

Crochet Baby Afghan


I made this crochet blanket purely from inspiration that I found on Pinterest.  All granny squares are worked in essentially the same manner, but this one is mitered, which means that you do not work the full square only two of the edges to create the square. This baby afghan I created for a friend of mine who is having a baby boy. Of course I started it before the sex was known so that is the reason for the pink in the blanket. I chose to use the colors red, white, yellow, pink, green, and lots of blue. Each square is worked up til the blue granny border independently then I used the seamless crochet technique to connect each square as I made them to the whole. By using this method I did not have to join a bunch of squares at the end of my project. I then created a single crochet border around the edge of the blanket. Pictured below is a quarter of the whole afghan.



This is one of my new favorite concepts as you can create a flowing look by creating the same pattern in each square or a unique afghan by creating a different pattern for each square which creates a wonderful visual display.


No comments:

Post a Comment