Saturday, October 26, 2013

5 Strand Braided Cowl

Tonight we are going to Owl-O-Ween which is going to be a blast, but it is also going to be colder than I can almost stand. Funnily enough I can not stand much cold, but since we have a freeze warning this morning it is not to unreasonable for me to think it is cold. So I wanted a cowl to wear tonight, but I always end up making them for others and not myself and the one project I saw that I liked had no pattern so I of course created my own.

 

5 Strand Braided Cowl

J Hook
Worsted Weight Yarn
Blunt yarn needle

(Make 5)
Chain 100
DC in third chain from hook and in every chain across and finish off


When all five strands are completed SC across the tops of all five strands to connect them.


I used the tutorial for the 5 strand braid on Make it and Love it which can be found Here.

Braid across the length of your strips.


When you reach the end of your strips SC across the end.

Use your yarn needle to sew the two ends of your piece together.


When you are finished you have this wonderful cowl for a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment